Become a member – join now
As a member you are entitled to:
- Attend Respite Weekends and Family Fun Days
- Use the Visitor Lounge
- Receive a copy of the Kalparrin Cares newsletter
- Be part of our Parent Link program
- Stand for positions on the Board of Directors
- Vote at general meetings
- Receive email alerts and special offers
- Apply or be nominated for Kalparrin Awards
All members are asked to abide by the following Membership Charter.
As Kalparrin members, carers and families have the right to:
- receive information, resources and referral to services;
- access respite events;
- receive quarterly newsletters;
- use the Kalparrin Visitors Lounge;
- access the Kalparrin website and interactive forums;
- be treated with respect, dignity, privacy and confidentiality;
- receive an effective, efficient, prompt and courteous service from Kalparrin employees.
As Kalparrin members, carers and families have a responsibility to:
- be courteous to and respect the roles of the Kalparrin employees;
- tell Kalparrin employees about any concerns they have;
- respect the privacy, dignity and confidentiality of other Kalparrin members;
- avoid speaking on behalf of Kalparrin members without prior authorisation;
- protect and promote the good reputation of the Kalparrin members;
- behave ethically and with integrity as a member of Kalparrin.
Privacy, Dignity and Confidentiality Policy
Kalparrin is committed to ensuring that all consumers are afforded privacy, dignity and confidentiality in their dealings with the organisation in accordance with The Kalparrin Centre Constitution and Rules June 1997, the Privacy Amendment Act (2012), Freedom of Information Act (1982), Disability Services Act (1993) and Standard 4 of the Disability Service Standards (1993).