Family Fun Days
An opportunity for children with special needs and their families to share in a variety of fun-filled activities, and connect with other special needs families.
It connects old friends and new and promotes the happiness and well being of the family unit. Our special children can be themselves without fear or favour and are at all times in a safe, caring and nurturing environment.
Proudly sponsored by the Disabled Children’s Foundation
It was great to see so many of our families attend the 2016 Family Fun Day. Even though it was a very hot day, Bush Court provided plenty of shade.
We’d like to say a big thank you to;
- The Disabled Children’s Foundation, for sponsoring the event.
- The Rapid Relief Team, for keeping everyone fed and watered throughout the day
- Radio Lollipop, for keeping us all entertained with great music and games
- Our fantastic volunteers, we couldn’t have done it with out them.
- Murdoch University, for providing such an amazing venue
- All of our ride operators and vendors
- Fairies on horses.
- Batman doing the macarena.
- The vintage fire-engine, putting out a fire!
- Superhero -v- Villian tug-o-war
- Kids karaoke with enthusiastic renditions of ABC’s, Doh-A-Deer and Born this Way.
Our feedback says it all:
I’d like to express my thanks to Kalparrin for such a wonderful Family Fun Day!! My kids had the time of their lives and it was wonderful for my husband and me as we were able to be relaxed just knowing that there were so many “understanding” people around.”
“Family Fun Day means to me…
… a day for the whole family to have great fun and relax. A safe place and no judgemental stares as everyone has a special needs child. I also feel it is a bit of a reward to child and siblings for all they have to endure..”
… Inclusive fun for all!”
… a time for the family to relax without worrying about being seen as different.”